The California Association of Professors of Educational Administration welcomes you to the CAPEA website. CAPEA is an organization of professors from private and public colleges or universities dedicated to the education of school leaders. We seek to vitalize the discourse necessary for blending theory and practice in ways consistent with current research and future projections. We also seek to strengthen networks with other professional and public entities for the continued improvement of education in California.
REGISTER NOW for CAPEA Annual Fall Conference OCTOBER 9-10, 2015
Point Loma Nazarene University in San Diego. Conference Overview CAPEA Conference Overview and Conference Agenda.
Call for Proposals for CAPEA Annual Fall 2015 Conference deadline August 31st. Go to Conferences and Events for more information.
CALL for CAPEA 2015-2016 Leadership Position Nominations for the following positions:
- Assists, consults with, and serves in the absence of the President
- Coordinates the bi-annual conferences
- Succeeds to the office of President at the end of the term
- Records and distributes proceedings of meetings
- Serves as custodian of records
- Maintains the membership roster
- Collects and deposits all funds
- Prepares all checks
- Prepares and maintains financial records including appropriate IRS forms each year.
Member of the Executive Council - The Executive Council is the decision-making body of CAPEA.
- Is an active participant in decisions made by the Executive Council on behalf of the members
- Provides input into CAPEA policies, procedures, and plans for the future
- Provides timely reports to the Executive Council as required
If you are interested in running for office or nominating someone else, please complete the nomination form and send to firstname.lastname@example.org by September 9th. Past Presidents Drs. Peg
Winkelman, Franca Dell ‘Olio, and Don Wise comprise this year’s CAPEA Election Committee and will
facilitate the nomination and election processes. The election will occur at the fall annual conference
CTC CASC Induction Think Tank Meetings are just around the corner. Following are dates and locations. Meetings are 9-3pm.
-September 9 in San Diego
-September 10 in Pomona
-Sepember 16 in Northridge
-September 17 in San Jose
-September 23 in Sacramento
-September 24 in Fresno
CTC is sending reminders with additional details to persons who have registered. To register, send an email to GRoby@ctc.ca.gov with desired location.